Photo of the Month

Baptist tent revival at Lowell, Arkansas, 1930

Tent revival at Lowell (Benton County), 1930. The revival was sponsored by the Lowell Baptist Church. The church was organized in 1868 as Bloomington Baptist Church. (Bloomington was the original name of present-day Lowell.) Services were held in a schoolhouse until the congregation purchased their own building in 1910. The church's name was changed to Lowell Baptist in 1889 and to First Baptist Church of Lowell in the 1990s. Elza Tucker Collection (S-98-2-186)

Photo of the Month Archive


Photo of the MonthArtifact of the Month