A few selections from our Artifact Boxes featuring cameras, kitchen gadgets, and toys.
Artifact Boxes contain artifacts, identification guides with color photos, labels, and checklists. The artifacts are grouped thematically per box and labels are provided so that teachers may make their own classroom displays. Unlike our Discovery Boxes, we have not provided lesson plans and resources as the purpose of the Artifact Boxes is to share the many artifacts we have in our education collections with teachers who can use them to enliven any topic studied in the classroom, not just social studies or history.
To reserve an Artifact Box, contact education/collections assistant Carly Squyres; 479-750-8165.
Artifact Boxes . . .
- are free of charge
- are related to the history of Northwest Arkansas
- must be reserved in advance
- must be picked up from, and returned to, the Shiloh Museum
- may be kept for one week
- must be returned on the due date. Late fees of $1 per day will be charged.
- are limited to 3 per school during the same week
Teachers may share the box with other classrooms, however, one person will be responsible for returning the box with all contents in good order.
Artifact Box Topics
Men's Personal Items
Toys and Games