Artifact of the Month
Donated by Steve Meldrum
Dr. B. F. Williams (1835-1912) lived at Maguire Town near the Washington-Madison county line, and practiced medicine in nearby communities during the 1860s and 1870s. He is buried in Stokenbury Cemetery at Elkins.
The photo of Dr. Williams was taken in 1901 by well-known Fayetteville photographer Sarah J. Young.
Washington County Historical Society Collection (P-2247)