Artifact of the Month
Osburn Post Ofiice Cabinet
Donated by the Gene Long Family
Located in southeast Washington County, Osburn Post Office operated from 1901 to 1929. The first postmaster was Henry C. Osburn; Emily M. Taylor was the last. After the post office closed, the Gene Long family of Hazel Valley acquired the cabinet, and used it in their home for many years before donating it to the Shiloh Museum in 2009.
Mr. and Mrs. Henry C. Osburn. He was the first postmaster of Osburn, Arkansas. Courtesy Gladys Colley (S-81-66-2-22)