Artifact of the Month
Cottage Cheese Jar with Cardboard Seal
Donated by Deanna Stevens
Above: Fayetteville telephone directory ad, 1955.
Located on the corner of West and Watson streets in Fayetteville, Fayetteville Milk Company opened its doors about 1930 and closed in 1974. Owners and operators through the years were Albert Ucker, Hoy Riggins, Toy Riggins, and Jack Daugherty.
William and Deanna Stevens bought the Fayetteville Milk Company building about 1975. Inside, they found old processing vats, dairy equipment, and cases of glass cottage cheese jars with the cardboard seals.
Artifact of the Month Archive