Searcy House

The Searcy House was built in the 1870s by Archibald Smith, a minister at the Shiloh Primitive Baptist Church (today's Shiloh Meeting Hall). In 1884, W. H. and Canzadie Searcy bought the house, and went on to raise four children there. One son, Lockwood, was born, grew up, and spent his married life with wife Annabel in the house until 1980, when the house and much of its contents were left to the Shiloh Museum. Today, the house is furnished to reflect the life of an upper middle class Ozark town family in the 1940s.